NAME: Islamic Circle of North America
Budget: 2010, $2.8 million; nearly $15.4 million since 2006
Funding sources: $2.6 million in unspecified contributions, gifts and grants (including $600,000 “non-cash” and $40,000 from “related organizations”) and $114,000 in “related or exempt function revenue”
Goals: Seeking Allah's “pleasure … through the … establishment of the Islamic system of life as spelled out in the Qur'an and the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad.” But 2010 IRS filing lists chief program service accomplishments as “relief efforts in natural disaster areas throughout the world”
Suspicious and/or Hostile Activities: Ties to designated terror organization Jamaat-e-Islami through former ICNA secretary general and accused genocide chief Mohammad Ashrafuzzaman Khan, who in 1971 led a JeI al-Badr unit that slaughtered three million new Bangladesh citizens.
- Listed on 1991 internal North American MB memorandum cited as evidence at Holy Land Foundation terror-funding trial.
- Ties to Pakistan Lashkar-i-Taiba (LeT) terrorist “Army of the Pure” through activities in LeT operating theaters of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India and Pakistan and relatives of LeT founder Hafiz Muhammad Saeed.
- ICNA president and former secretary general Zahid Bukhari earned a Univ. of Connecticut Ph.D. based on his “charity work” at ICNA Relief, a donor to Karachi Hamas-funding conduits, the JeI-linked Al-Khidmat Foundation (AKF) and Al-Khidmat Welfare Society (AKWS).
- In 1998, former ICNA president Abdul-Badi Abousamra hired Muhammad Masood --- brother of LeT founder Hafiz Muhammad Saeed --- while Masood was in the U.S. illegally.
- After officials charged Masood with visa violation and visa fraud, he plead guilty to five charges and in Oct. 2008 was deported Massod to Pakistan. Masood’s brother, LeT founder Saeed, reportedly visited India to plan the Nov. 2008 Mumbai terrorist attacks.
- A 1990s ICNA convention honored Atlanta's Abu Adaam Jibreel al-Amreekee, who in 1997 trained in Kashmir with U.S.-designated LeT terrorist group, and died in a Lashkar raid that killed 34 Indian soldiers.
Key Leaders: ICNA president, former secretary general and National Islamic Shura Council (NISC) co-founder Zahid Bukhari; former secretary general and accused genocide chief Mohammad Ashrafuzzaman Khan; former president Abdul-Badi Abousamra
Connection to MB and MB organizations: Through founders, current leaders and activities, connected to virtually every other Muslim Brotherhood organization in North America, including ISNA, CAIR, MSA, MAS, and of course the global Muslim Brotherhood.
Projects: ICNA charter mirrors that of JeI sister Indian organization, Jamaat-e-Islami Hind (JIH) --- and supports plans for Islam to overthrow of the U.S., capitalism and all secular Western nations. It cheers “resistance” against “U.S. imperialism” and “aggression”--- including defensive U.S. responses to Islamic aid to al Qaeda and bin Laden (since sharia allows attack against anyone, anywhere, and regards any non-Muslim response as aggression).
Complete Documentation For: ICNA
Do you like this page?