Muhammad M Abdul Rauf
NAME: Muhammad M Abdul Rauf
Aliases: None known
Location: deceased Dec. 2004
Education: Master's degree, Islam, al-Azhar University, Cairo, 1942; master's degree, anthropology, Cambridge University, 1954; doctorate, Islamic philosophy, London University, 1963; disciple, student and friend of Muslim Brotherhood founder Hassan al-Banna
Occupation: Charter member of Malaysian National Ulama Consultative Council; joined Malaya's Muslim College as its first principal; 1958, established and chaired Malaya University's first Islamic studies department; 1965, established New York Islamic Cultural Center and 20-year stealth effort to fund $17 million mosque construction entirely via foreign 46 Islamic nations at the Organization of Islamic Cooperation;1970, headed Islamic Center in Washington D.C.; 1983, established International Islamic University of Malaysia (IIUM) in Kuala Lumpur.
Suspicious and/or Hostile Activities:
- Strongly advocated establishment of sharia law in America
- Established Islamic “trust” controlling land and management of New York Islamic Cultural Center, which employed at least two Egyptian MB imams, that, after 9/11 blamed the atrocities on Israel. One said American would “exterminate” the Jewish people like Hitler if they knew.
- Co-authored book and regularly collaborated with hard line MB leader Ismaʾil R. Al-Faruqi, a mid 1980s co-founder of the Herndon, Va.-based IIIT, long suspected of broadly funding terror.
- Regularly collaborated with IIIT and Association of Muslim Social Scientists (AMSS), both among the 29 “friends” listed in the 1991 Mohammed Akram internal MB memorandum outlining secret plans to replace U.S. Constitutional democracy with sharia law.
- Instructed hard-line Islamic leader Abdullah Ahmad Badawi, who served as Malaysian prime minister from 2003 to 2009
- Close associate and friend of former Malaysian prime minister and active anti-Semite Mahathir Mohamad, who in 2002, incited global anti-West financial war as a “jihad worth fighting for.”
Current position: N/A
Ties to other groups/individuals: Highly effective participant in stealth MB strategic plan to stealthily construct Islamic centers far and wide in North America, which the MB descibes internally as "the axis" of our Movement, the "perimeter" of the circle of our work, our "balance center", the "base" for our rise and our "Dar al-Arqam" to educate us, prepare us and supply our battalions in addition to being the "niche" of our prayers. (emphasis added)
Connection to MB: As student, disciple and friend of MB founder Hassan al-Banna, Rauf was connected to all MB organizations worldwide and a lynch pin in efforts to construct major Islamic center “battalions” in North America and worldwide.
Complete Documentation For: Muhammad M Abdul Rauf
Do you like this page?